• I got 3 call memo from chennai customs

Today i have got 3 call memo from chennai customs, i bought some sexual wellness product for my personel use, they have asked me to submit price of the product ,prescription if any and end use letter.

they told to send thru email,post or SUBMIT IN PERSON,

what should i do 
please guide me
Asked 4 years ago in Business Law

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

11 Answers

In India, talking about sex is still taboo. Buying condoms at your neighbourhood store is uncomfortable. Selling sex toys could land you in court.

Which kind of products you ordered.

If you have ordered medicine, you have to give a prescription.

Mohammed Mujeeb
Advocate, Hyderabad
19031 Answers
32 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

You have to reply the said notice otherwise the a show cause notice shall be issued product shall be confiscated and penalty shall be levied.

You have to provide the required information to the dept.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0


a reply to the notice should be sent promptly and explain it to them that you purchased these products by mistake and hence you did not know about the law. a comprehensive reply must be sent. you haven't used them till now.


Rahul Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
13760 Answers
65 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) you should submit documents sought by customs

2) mention that goods purchased for personal use

3) send reply by email and registered post

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87947 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1)Don't reply to them as to buy or sell sex toys are banned in India. As per customs its banned and they will not release product and you have to pay heavy fine for the same.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12338 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

You have purchased the material which is not a love to be purchased without prescription you have to reply the email and pay the penalty if any otherwise you can be prosecuted

Vimlesh Prasad Mishra
Advocate, Lucknow
6848 Answers
23 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

1. File reply alongwith a affidavit stating that you required it for your self-usage and that the items shall remain in your exclusive possession and that it shall never be sold or given away to anybody. Try to obtain any sexologists prescription and submit the same alongwith above OTHERWISE declare in the affidavit that you purchased the same thru internet for experimental purposes.

2. Declare the costing and pay the demanded duties (if any) to avoid prosecution for importing such items.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5612 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Import of sexual Wellness products is illegal as per the laws of India and hence you should iron advocate and give a reply to the show Cause Notice received by you, elss exemplary penalty would be imposed on you as well as the product would be forfeited by the customs department.

Siddharth Jain
Advocate, New Delhi
5930 Answers
101 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Is these product post paid or prepaid ? If post paid than you can get it released by paying price. First write them via email - reason of notice, any legal issue etc.

Have the notice mention that the order products are barred under the act of India ?

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

1. Have you already received the said equipment or you are yet to receive the same which has been detected by the customs?

2. Buying/selling/importing s*xual toys in India is illegal unless you can prove that you have medical prescription for use of such s*xual toys.

3. If the said toy has not yet been received by you then simply deny that you had ever ordered fo any s*xual toy and is not willing to receive such an item.

4. The item will be confiscated by the Customs department on receipt of your said letter disclaiming the said article..

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
26603 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You should give a reply either by yourself or through a lawyer.

In the reply you may express that you are unaware of the stringent laws that forbids the purchases of this kind and tender your unconditional apology.

You also submit that you have no objection to authorities confiscating the prohibited item and may request to dispense with your personal appearance before them in this regard.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78104 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer