Compensation for land acquired by bihar government in the year 1988
My land was acquired by Bihar government in the year 1988 for construction of public road. But compensation not yet paid. Can I file writ in the High court Patna to get compensation? Does delay in filing of writ weakens my right? If no , any reference of law or court judgement available? Please guide me suitably supported by facts. Thanks.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Sir, details of my case is as under-
1. Notice was issued by Land Acquisition officer Purnea (bihar) for acquiring the land for construction of public road to my father (title of land is in his name) in the year 1988 , on the requisition of PWD, Road Division Madhepura for construction of public road.
2. No farmer objected to it, as my area was very backward and people wanted this road for their convenience.
3. Construction of road started but due to various administrative reasons it could not be completed, and project lapsed, but road was constructed in uncompleted manner on my land, and this land was not cultivable for me.
4. This project lapsed several times and no compensation was paid.
5. Land acquisition Officer Purnea never submitted estimated cost of land, house, trees, etc to the PWD, Road Division, Madhepura for paying the compensation to the land owners, and further states that Land acquisition process not completed as the project lapsed, and also admits that compensation for land acquired is not paid, in a reply to a question asked under RTI, Land acquisition Officer answered this.
6. But at later stage PWD, Road Division, Madhepura, constructed this road without paying any compensation to the land owners through Land Acquisition Officer Purnea, in the year 2012, and maintaining it.
7. Losses to me- (A) Land was acquired and public road constructed on it without paying compensation.
(B) Ownership of the acquired land is still with me and paying revenue to the Bihar Govt.
(C) I am deprived of the crops and usufruct/ income from the acquired land for past 30 years.
Please guide me suitably- "'Will delay in filing writ with High Court for compensation weakens my ground? as there is no documentary proof with me for delay filing.
Asked 4 years ago
It is worth mentioning that Land Acquisition Officer Purnea (Bihar) has written a letter in the year 2014, to PWD, Road Division, Madhepura (Bihar) to pay the compensation for the land acquired on new rates to the land owners but no action taken till date by any of the authority.
Asked 4 years ago