• Misuse of my bank account

Respected sir, my name is ayani. I am doing online fair trading of Bitcoins on www.localbitcoins.com according to terms & conditon of this website .I simply sell bitcoins to the buyer in return for the payment which I receive from them. I have completed 3000+ trades included buy & sell with 100% trustworthy feedback .
but On 5th July, 2018, I have received a mail from Kotak Mahindra Bank account has been blocked.
Next day on 6th July, 2018 I had a meeting with Kotak Mahindra Bank, branch manager. In that meeting he informed me that bank found some transactions are suspicious and bank manager told me that there are 2 f.i.r are registered against my bank account. thats why my bank account has been frozen by bank.
After this meeting with bank officials I had a look at all the transactions of my bank accounts and found out the following list of transactions which I suspect that these could be unauthorized transactions:
 now i want to know that what kind of police can take legal step against me. because i didnt knew that the scammers are misusing my bank account.
Asked 4 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Muslim

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

Register a complaint to your nearest police station through advocate stating all.the facts.... This offence comes under cyber law... Only expertised cyber cell officials wud let you know who is behind all this.....

Nishant Bhadoria
Advocate, delhi
73 Answers

4.8 on 5.0

This can be advised only after known the contents of FIR and detail of unauthorized transaction committed.

If Any FIR is filed against than its mandatory to provide copy of FIR.

Police will interrogate you. your role in crime, means rea whether intended or by chance.

And if you have doubt about misusing/hacking your account than you should complain to police .

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

what are allegations made in FIR ?

2) if your account has been involved in money laundering you would be in serious trouble

3) Section 17 gives wide powers of search and seizure to the investigating agency. If the investigating agency has reason to believe (and such belief should be recorded in writing) the commission of offence under the PMLA and possession of proceeds of crime, it can enter and seize property/records etc, make an inventory of the same. The seizure memo is required to be signed by two independent witnesses.

4)If the investigating authority has a reason to believe that a person has secreted about his possession, ownership or control, proceeds of crime, in that case the person can be searched.

5)he offence is cognizable which means arrest can be made without a warrant. Section 19 gives the authority power to arrest.

6)Section 45 of the PMLA makes the offence of money laundering non-bailable, which means that a person arrested is not entitled to bail as a matter of right, and bail becomes a matter of discretion for the court

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87973 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

unless it is proved that ur innocent and ur account transaction done by someone, u will be responsible and liable.

Konda Srinivas
Advocate, Hyderabad
211 Answers
2 Consultations

Not rated

You first have to find out that on what basis the bank had frozen your account, i.e., whether the police have orally informed or it has communicated in writing referring any FIR No. or crime number.

You may approach the concerned police station with a statement from your side expaining your innocence with an undertaking that you will cooperate with the police fully for the investigation.

However if you are listed as accused in the FIR then first get enlarged on bail first and appear before police for investigation.

You have to discuss the issue at length with the local advocate to get out of trouble.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78131 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer