• Subcontractor payment

If a main contractor not paying sub contractor for more than three month then subcontractor refuse to pay the labour payment then main contractor paid the payment of labour .after that there in no any amount paid to subcontractor , so a subcontractor what should take legal step ?
Asked 4 years ago in Labour

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

sub contractor should sue main contractor to recover amount due and payable under the contract

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87947 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If any contract executed than check if any clause of dispute resolution otherwise go to court for recovery of amount due.

Yogendra Singh Rajawat
Advocate, Jaipur
21481 Answers
31 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Send a legal notice to the main contractor and seek release of your dues.

File a money suit if the main contractor does not pays you despite the legal notice.

Vibhanshu Srivastava
Advocate, New Delhi
9426 Answers
245 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The sub contractor can sue the main contractor for recovery of his dues through a court of law.

He first has to issue a legal demand notice demanding the payment of his dues and then initiate further legal action on this.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78104 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer