• What can I do to get namantran when the broker is not giving it to me?

I purchased a land in indore.i was supposed to get namantran in 3 months but it has been three years they are saying things like rules are changing, it is taking time because of GST, because of RERA, Only registration is done

I went to the main office of the property dealer ( the broker is secondary person from whom i bought the property.) somehow i managed to get a photocopy of the namantran so i took the namantran and went to collector office and submitted the TAX and i saw my name appearing when the operator searched my property.

Looks like i am being cheated by the broker since as far as i know GST does not apply to Land, i dont know about RERA.Also three years is a long time and saying that rules are changing is good way to keep stalling.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

6 Answers

give a police complaint against him who has been harassing you with his false words.

Konda Srinivas
Advocate, Hyderabad
211 Answers
2 Consultations

Not rated

If it is a vacant land which you bought then RERA also does not apply.

2. Well, it appears you are concerned about mutation of the land. if that is so then you may have seen that it is already done.

3. If you have doubt on mutation of land properly done ir not then you can file RTI letter seekig such information.

4. If you were financially cheated by the broker then file case before the consumer forum.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22515 Answers
402 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

For mutation of property in your name consent of seller is necessary

2) issue legal notice to seller to submit application for mutation of property in your name ti the Tehsildar

3)application should mention The name of the area in which the right has been acquired The description of the right acquired The name, parentage, and residential address of the person from whom the right has been acquired The manner in which the right has been acquired The name, parentage, and residential address of the person who has acquired the right The date on which the right was acquired A copy of the document on the basis of which the mutation is sought - sale feed, Will etc should be attached. A proclamation is issued inviting objections to the proposed mutation, specifying the last date (generally 15 days from the date of the proclamation) upto which any objection to the mutation will be entertained.

4) If no objection against the proposed mutation is received, it is sanctioned

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87975 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

SIr since the land is registered in your name file an application before the Tehsildar for Namantran (mutation) of the land in your favour the tehsildar shall give an advertisement for opposition if there is no opposition he shall mutate your name in records based on the registry.

Further if the land is registered in your name and stamp duty is paid don't worry you can go and get it mutated, no laws relating to mutation has changed recently on the contrary mutation has been made easy by the government,

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. FOR MUTATION (namantran) in the Revenue Records:

a) Submit certified copies of the registered Agreement, alongwith application and other documents by following due procedure of law.

b) IF the above is already done, then file proper RTI application to the Tahsil /Collector office to provide you the certified extract of 7x12 and Form no. 6, and the Village Revenue Map of your Plot.

2. There is no question of GST or RERA, as far as mutation of name in revenue records is concerned.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal

Hemant Agarwal
Advocate, Mumbai
5612 Answers
25 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The broker is cheating you and his intention appears to extort more money for this once he keeps you under pressure.

You can issue a legal notice demanding the same or else to face legal consequences.

This will invoke some response, if not you may even lodge a criminal complaint with the police for the offences of cheating and breach of trust.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78133 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer