• Procedure to sell the land which bought through Karnataka Land Act 1961 section 80


One of my friend applied an application in AC for seeking permission to purchase a land through Karnataka Land Reform Act 1961 under section 80. He got a permission in April 2015 and he purchased a 2.5 acre land in same year. 

In the permission letter they have mentioned 5 conditions as stated below
1) From the date of this letter with in a year has to purchase a agriculture land 
2) From the date of purchase of land, with in 2 years has to start cultivation
3) After purchase of land if the permission seeker leaves the cultivation with in 5 years then as per Karnataka Land Reform Act 1961 section 58 Govt will acquire the land.
4) If wrong information is provided to get this letter, Govt will acquire the land.
5) Purchase land should not violate PTCL act.

1) If he sell his property what are the legal issues he will face?
2) Is there a way to sell the property with in the legal ground?
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

Dear Sir

I am legal adviser for A C. You may seek relaxation of condition and sell the property within stipulated period.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar
Advocate, Bangalore
6050 Answers
381 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

You cannot sell the Kansas hardly three years ha r passed since you purchased the land

2) one of clauses is that if you leave cultivation within 5 years land would vest in state govt

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87895 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You may alienate land after a period of five years subject to obtaining permission from the Assistant Commissioner and on such conditions as may be specified by the Assistant Commissioner.

2. You may apply for permission to sell the agricultural proeprty from AC for the substantial reasons you rely upon with documentary evidences, sometimes, he may consider using the discretionary powers.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78050 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer