1) you have to decide whether you would like to run ecommerce business as sole proprietorship , partnership firm or ltd company
2) To incorporate a private limited company you must approve its name, registered office address, have at least 2 directors with director identification numbers (DINs), must have a minimum authorised capital of Rs. 1 Lakh, memorandum of association (MOA) and articles of association (AOA), digital signature certificates (DSCs) wherever applicable, etc. Once these conditions and requirements are fulfilled, a certificate of incorporation is sent by post to the registered office of the newly registered company.
3) you would need to comply with income tax formalities These include obtaining permanent account number (PAN), tax deduction account number (TAN), value added tax (VAT) registration and obtaining of tax identification number (TIN), professional tax if applicable, service tax, etc.
4) Under the Information Technology Act 2000 (IT Act 2000) there are many “Due Diligence Requirements” that Banks, Internet Service Providers (ISPs), Search Engines, E-Commerce Portals, etc must fulfill.
5) further Registration of shop/establishment is mandatory within 30 days of commencement of work.
6) you must all register your trademark for your brand name .you have to submit the application for registration to any one of the offices of the Registrar of Trade Marks
7) you must also copyright contents of your website so that you can sue them for any copyright infringement