• Employment

my mother was (recently died,march2018) an employee of Coal India Ltd (E.C.L.)since 1986.she would retire in 2024. 
Coal india Ltd introduced a good scheme for its female employees and for their eligible son "COAL INDIA SPECIAL FEMALE VOLUNTARY RETIREMENT SCHEME in short S.F.V.R.S." in the year 2014. The condition of the scheme was that a female employee must have completed 10 years of service and still have 10 years of service(she should be below 50 years). Like a few others my mother was eligible for the scheme (she had 10 years and 4 months left then)she applied and nominated me for her job, each and every departmental proceedings (all-documentation ,screenings, medical etc) successfully completed by me and my mother, after that we were dreaming of good days to come, and after six months,when my mother, s age was 50 years and 2 months they sent a letter to my mother that ,they can't give my mother the benefit of S.F.V.R.S as she had completed 50 years of age at that time, sir I want to say that every proceedings have been completed during her under age, so how can she is not eligible? we met with headquarter personnel officer, questioned her (Tanoshi madam) she said that E.C.L. sent my file to CMPDI (a subcidiary of Coal India like E.C.L.)for appointment But they returned the file back to E C L(as per the scheme the new posting was to be first at CMPDI). stating "my mother's over age issue" and for that they can't offer her the benefit of 
SFVRS, sir their inter-departmntal procedures irresponsibilities made us the victim for we were innocent. Next year 2015, a great agitation by Labour Union the Company revised the scheme to 5years basis(the female employee must have 5 years service left instead of 10 years and the first posting of the son will be in E.C.L.) my mother again 
applied and as before every formalities done by us and this time also they rejected my mother's case due to technical issue (for the condition of the scheme was non-executive-technical female employees eligibility) ,my mother was merely a "medical dresser" a simple paramedical staff how could be she executive-technical? Alas! our evil-luck, days passed we were normal in our life, in September 2017 we met an E.C L employee of Bohula Area she told My mother that many medical dressers have been benefited by the same SFVRS scheme and in their area a lady named "SwapnaChakraborty" with same designation "medical dresser"have been benefited by the scheme , we met with the Area officials ,they said that the scheme period was over and nothing to do then they told us to go to Coal India headquarters for job ,my mother shocked, she became ultimate mental disappointment, she behaved like a psyco-patient since then she might have thought that only one way was left for her to give me the job, one day when we(me and my wife was out of home) she suicided by hanging , is their any legal steps to fulfill my mother's last will ,I have all the related papers in suprtng my word
Asked 4 years ago in Labour

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

2 Answers

What legal action did you take on this.

Your mother has been meted out with injustice

You may approach high court with a writ petition seeking justice to you based on all the related papers in your possession seeking relief of employment based on the compassionate grounds or as per the previous schemes that was announced in this regard.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78057 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can take legal action against them. You can follow the due process of law. What specifically you need is the question.

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
27224 Answers
88 Consultations

4.4 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer