• Different mutation required from BL& LRO and local municipality

Sir/ Ma'm, Is it necessary to go for mutation of a house/ flat separately with local municipality and BL & LRO, Mutation certificate issued by local municipality is not enough?
The property tax paid to municipality every year covers land revenue tax component or do I need to deposit it separately with BL & LRO? Kindly advice
Asked 6 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

5 Answers

As per your concern let me tell you that for every property there is 2 different kind of tax, one is leived by local municipality and the other is leived by the concerned BLLRO department, i.e. known as KHAJNA,. And you have to give both of them here it keep it in mind that the property tax collected by municipality and land tax collected by West Bengal government...as khajna. and you have to deposit separate way as the collecting authorities are different.

Biswajit Mandal
Advocate, Barrackpur
4 Answers

Not rated

1. BL LRO recording requires for property situated in panchayat while mutation is required for property situated in Municipality area.

2. Do note that Mutation is proof of tile but it is a presumption of tile or possession.

3. So lack of mutation never harms the tittle if it is otherwise valid and mutation is for the purpose of paying revenue to the state.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Firslty, mutation can only be done and issued the same to you by the authority who is the land owing agency.

Secondly, if you have been paying tax to ye municipal that doesn’t mean that it is the land owing agency.

Thirdly, you need to verify the same from the municipal office itself is it a land owing agency of your area or not.

Fourthly, you can also file RTI for the same.

Fifthly, and lastly there can’t be different mutation by different departments.

Good Luck...!

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5474 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

When you have already done mutation and received certificate then under what Provision you again approaching the BL and lro dept. Kindly ask them the same with written explanation or Provision

Prashant Nayak
Advocate, Mumbai
32164 Answers
185 Consultations

4.1 on 5.0

The purpose is that the property should be registered on your name and the revenue records are properly recorded on your name, if you have already obtain mutation certificate, then it may not be necessary to obtain a similar certificate from the local municipality as well.

However you may enquire about the formalities in the local municipality as well.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer