• Transfer cancelled

. Sir a draft list of annual transfer list was put on website on [deleted] where my name was in Serial no 7 under hard/ very hard category and projected place was Karimganj Assam which is deemed vacancy(those who completed 10 years). Subsequently the final tender list transfer was publish on [deleted] which is treated as final and in serial no 14 without alternation my name was on the list .
 Fact is that the place where I selected for my transfer and projected and posted in the both list draft and final it is cleared deemed vacancy but surprised to get letter few days back my transfer is canceled .Sir many deemed posting has displace and adjustment was done but in my case it is not done as per transfer by law and guidelines though I am posted in Very Hard station .
Asked 4 years ago in Labour

2 answers received in 1 hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

7 Answers


You haven't mentioned whether you are a state or central govt. employee , you can file a case either in sat or cat seeking for stay of the transfer .

Hope this helps.


Swarupananda Neogi
Advocate, Kolkata
2941 Answers
6 Consultations

4.7 on 5.0

File RTI application with authorities as to why your transfer was cancelled

Then based on legal advice take legal proceedings before CAT to challenge cancellation of your transfer

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
87955 Answers
6207 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Sir you can Challenge the cancellation of transfer order based on its arbitrariness before the appropriate tribunal (CAT if central government employee) further if no tribunal designated then file a writ petition in HC court challenging the said cancellation order.

Shubham Jhajharia
Advocate, Ahmedabad
25516 Answers
179 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dear Concern,

Please take note -

1. You should challenge this cancellation before the CAT (Central Administrative Tribunal) provided you are a central government employee. I am presuming you to be a central government employee as you are seeking transfer from Meghalaya to Assam. Collect all the documents and prepare a compilation of the same. Show it to any advocate and ask him to contest it on your behalf. If your transfer is due and that has been cancelled arbitrarily without citing any reason then you will easily succeed in your case.

Pulkit Prakash
Advocate, Delhi
309 Answers
7 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) You can make complaints or request at your HRD in your area or ar head office. Check what was GR passed by the particular department which you worked under who ministry it comes. Need more clarification on it.

Ganesh Kadam
Advocate, Pune
12338 Answers
191 Consultations

4.9 on 5.0

Firslty, you need to go and make a representation to the your department.

Secondly, stating all the relevant proposals a well as the outcome of it.

Thirdly, if they still do not react to that it give negative answers then please file a Writ of Mandamus for seeking direction to the department as to on what basis they have been doing it.

Sanjay Baniwal
Advocate, South Delhi
5464 Answers
13 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you are aggrieved by the decision, you may give a written representation to the authorities concerned through proper channel.

If you dont get any relief even after exhausting this remedy, you may plan to initiate legal action to get releif or remedy through legal channel.

If your are a government employee you may aproach CAT for the desired relief or the high court with a writ petition.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
78113 Answers
1543 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer