• Related to fir

can police itself lodge a fir suo motu, if yes then what is the procedure and for that where the provision mentioned ?
Asked 5 years ago in Criminal Law from Delhi, Delhi
In case of offences that affect the society at large as compared to just an individual the police can lodge a FIR suo motu. Some of the offences that fall in this category are murder, rape, sedition, etc.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
24281 Answers
677 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer