• Online medicine door delivery

I am a registered Pharmacist (B.Pharmacy), plan to start a Online Order Medicine Door Delivery service with an IT  Partner. Please answer a few questions of us:

* Do we need a license to sell medicine online? As per Phrmacy Council of India (PCI), I am a registered Pharmacist, so where do I need to get the license if I need one.
* We are planning to get the customer presciption information by a snapshot image of it. Is it sufficient to sell the medicine directly to the customer (As the medical shops do the same)? What kind legal issues may arise?
* My self a Pharmasist. What kind of employees do I need (must and should) to avoid legal problems?
* Can you provide any other useful information that we missed?

Thanks,
Sandeep
Asked 2 years ago in Business Law from Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh
1. No separate license is required. The license required to sell medicine offline is applicable to online sal also.
2. Persons having medical knowledge=ge who need not be pharmacist.
3. Avoid selling those drugs online which are not soled over the counter without a valid Doctor's prescription,
1) no separate licence is required for online sale of medicines as on date . according to the Indian law, prescription drugs can only be issued on seeing the prescription of doctor by the retailer in presence of its chemist. 

2) Also the bill the retailer gives the patient should have the license no. and name of the doctor. to add to it, the drug supplied should not be in excess of the quantity mentioned by the doctor. 

3) These issues actually make it difficult to run an online pharmacy. 

4) if you want to sell online you will need scanned copy of prescription signed by doctor 

5) you need registration under copyright act of your online website 

6) you will have to mention terms and conditions for use of services 

7) the users   agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under Your Account or Password. your online website  shall not be liable for any loss or damage, which may take place if the user fails to protect his/her account details or password.

8) get the terms and conditions for using your website be drafted by a local lawyer
1. You already have the license to run the Pharmacy which you are now running,

2. Your sellintg medicine online can be termed as extension of your already existing business by reaching to bigger customer base through internet. It will not required any additional license for the said purpose,

3. Since it is mandatory to sell most of the drungs against prescriptions, you shall have to ask for the scanned copy of the same while selling the medicine mentioned therein,

4. You must create a Website giving your terms and conditions wherein you should mention that the buyer shall shall be solely responsible if the scanned copy of the prescription turns out to be fake.