• Loan taken from a URAL co-operative society

i had taken a loan from a co-operative society but due to some heavy  debt my house was sold and now i am a tenant. It has been 3 years since the loan but now when i contacted the society for returning the loan they gave me a amount which is almost double of the loan. They put compound interest on it and saying that only court will give settlement on this its not on their hand. They are now sending me court notice. What should I have to do now? as i want to pay the principal amount but not willing to go through court.
Asked 4 years ago in Constitutional Law from New Delhi, Delhi
Repeated query. Already answered.
Ashish Davessar
Advocate, Jaipur
23426 Answers
652 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer