• Legal heirship certificate

I am staying in Bangalore. My father expired on 2004. He died due to cardiac arrest when he visited my sister in USA. The 'death certificate' is issued from from USA. Now my mother returned back to India.   
For the purpose of applying for widow family military pension, they asked us to submit the 'Legal Heirship Certificate'. 
I wanted to know 
1. Where to apply for this certificate? In Tahsildar office or from Court. ?
2. What is the process for this? 
3. Since my father's death certificate is from USA , is there any other legal hurdles in obtaining this heirship certificate.?
4. What all primary documents required for applying for this certificate? 
kindly guide me in this regard. 

Asked 3 years ago in Intellectual Property from Bangalore, Karnataka
The Legal Heirship Certificate can be obtained from the respective municipal corporation. you will get the procedure also from the respective municipal corporation. all the documents required can be known from the required procedure as well. it varies from state to state.
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
866 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Hi, you have to file a petition for succession certificate before the court after verifying the death certificate and other documents court will issued a succession certificate your the wife and children of the deceased.
Pradeep Bharathipura
Advocate, Bangalore
4551 Answers
203 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0


1. You have to apply in the office of Administrator, High Court Building.
2. You have to file Petition along with affidavit and documents, after verification the Administrator will pass necessary order after hearing the matter. 
3. Wont be much hurdle. 
4. His Death Certificate, family tree (notarized Affidavit), requisition letter from military, ID proofs of surviving members of family, etc
Sandeep Hegde
Advocate, Bangalore
403 Answers
116 Consultations

4.8 on 5.0

The Municipal Corporation/Administrator is the person where you should start with.
Shaveta Sanghi
Advocate, Panchkula
866 Answers
64 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer