• Land covered by neighbour

my neibour covered my land 6 feet wide 100 feet long for 20 years from which 20 feet length covered by boundary wall 5 feet ht. rest open area.how to take back my land.
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from dhenkanal, Odisha
what were you doing for 20 years ? if he has remained in possession for 20 years with your knowledge he will raise issue of adverse possession in his defence .

anyhow no harm in trying to regain possession . you must be having original documents in your possession showing area of your land and the boundaries . better contact a local lawyer and file suit against him to direct him to demlish encroachments made in your land . also file criminal complaint against him .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45474 Answers
2672 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer