• Property claim for chawl house in Mumbai

hi, my grandfather has purchased 1 room in chowl via pagri system. in 2003 he made a gift deed for my father saying now no other siblings will b part of it. now since 2003 my father is owner of this property & all rent receipts,electricity bills are on my father's name. now suddenly in 2014. my grandfather is asking my father to sell this property & make 3 parts. 1 for grandfather & other to for my uncle & father.we don't want to sell this. please advice
Asked 4 years ago in Property Law from Mumbai, Maharashtra
was gift deed duly stamped and registered ? if it is stamped and registered and possession has been given to your father your grand father is no longer owner of the room . you are not bound to comply with his demands . better consult a local lawyer
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
47814 Answers
2834 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer