• Change of surname

My parental surname is Banerjee, My Father, Mother and sister uses Banerjee.. At the time of Class X admit card of West Bengal Board The school changes my surname form Banerjee to Bandyopadhyay and thereafter it continues in my educational certificates; also Bandyopadhyay was registered in PAN Card and in Employer records(LICI). But my voter card and Aadhar Card is having the surname Banerjee. My wife/Daughter/Son is using surname Banerjee.
Now what I have to do? what problems I could face or my family might face? I any change of surname is the only answer then how could i change my surname from Bandyopadhya to Banerjee. Please advise.
Asked 4 years ago in Civil Law from Rupnarainpur(Asansol), West Bengal
if any mistakes were made in issue of X std certificate corrections have to be made within period of 2 years . if you fail to do so Board wont change your surname now . you need an order from court to correct your X std certificate . 

how can board change surname ? if your birth certificate was showing Banerjee board would have given you X std certificate also in same name . as on date all your educational qualifications, pan card, employment records  is in name of bandyopadhay continue with same surname only . 

if your surname is bandyopadhay how is your wife and daughter surname Banerjee . better consult a local lawyer .
Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
45760 Answers
2693 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from top-rated lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer