• FIR and its implication on future career

In Army. Had FIR against 18 of us who are army officers, followed by altercation with police. FIR on 15 jan 2015, but no chargesheet yet.(false FIR)
Asked 7 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

wait for filing police investigations to be completed and charge sheet filed

2) then based on legal advice file for quashing of FIR in HC

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95216 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. There is no time limit to file CS and hence the police may take time to submit the same.

2. Since you are government servants you can use your clout to make compromises and ask the police to file Closure Report.

3.if not then you will have to take bail and contest the case in merit.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Generally such FIRs will be referred with note to the concerned magistrate court after a lapse of considerable time seeking closure of the same as the army personnel cannot be produced before court for hearing on such petty matters or unimportant matters especially when the army personnel are posted at various places to protect the motherland on national duty.

Did you enquire the status of the FIR and whether there is any summons served on you people.

You can enquire the same through your own sources instead of seeking the information directly from the police.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer