• Wife not taking her responsibilities

Hello sir,
I am Amit Kokare. We got married 5 years back, and we have 4 years daughter. I'm engg in reputed Ltd company. My wife is BAMS,and she is house wife. I insisted her to take a job but she like stay ideal. 
 My problem is my wife is not taking/responding to her role and responsibilities. From last five years i am cleaning toilet/bathroom, cleaning my own cloths on Sunday to Sunday, cleaning floor 1 bhk on holoday, keeping house neat and clean. When i insist or force her to above work, every time she give reason of not feeling well. Kitchen is always with bad Oder. House is always dirty, and when i ask for work she always says me that she will go to her fathers home. Also insisted her to look for maid, though my salary is less. So that house environment will happy and healthy. But she even didn't this. Even after many request time to time,she is not changing her nature.
 Because of her nature, I have lost my parents too. All the above thing I have shared with her parents/brothers but they are not responding for this and keep quite. 
 Now I am tired and frustrated, and willing to log police complaint, leave her and live alone, as she is living like bachelor life and not family life.
Kindly advice for the same.
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

File for divorce on grounds of mental cruelty

2) for washing clothes , seeeping and mopping you can hire a maid servant

3)divorce by mutual consent is best option

4) seek joint custody of daughter

5) if wife fancy fade csse of dowry harassment obtain anticipatory bail from sessions court

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
94200 Answers
7427 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. For the last 5 years you have been doing all these works and still your wife did not change.

2.I wonder how and why yous till think your wife would not become wiser and start taking responsibility.

3. After years to adjustment you have made your wife such and now it is too late.

4. So now you can either continue to live like beofre or get separate and live life on your own terms. Be a man now.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22644 Answers
474 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You cannot force her to work and do all household chores or put any pressure on her on all such domestic counts because this can be treated as cruelty and she can lodge a police complaint against you on this besides adding few other things which may get you trapped in lot of criminal offences.

If you cannot continue the married life with her anymore then decide about quitting it for the reasons you rely upon.

You cannot lodge any police complaint against her on such trivial and domestic reasons.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
84399 Answers
2131 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Dont lodge a police complaint instead send her a legal notice through a lawyer asking her to live properly or else you will be forced to take divorce from her. May be she may mend her ways and start living in a desired manner. Also you may arrange a family meeting with her so that she may understand the seriousness of the situation.


Adv. Payal

Payal Arora
Advocate, Pune
379 Answers
18 Consultations

4.5 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer