• Salary and Final settlement not done even after 60 working days

I was employee of A**** Pvt ltd, a consulting firm. I was working on their payroll in client location.
I worked their 2 years and resigned. I got relived officially with all paper work done and got reliving letter too. AS per their policy the Last month and Final settlement money will be given after 60 working days of LAst working day.

My last working day was 4th January 2017. It been more than 60 days they are still holding my hard earned money. I keep on contacting them, but they are telling its delayed from client side.

My question is, when I am a permanent employee of some company, that company has to pay me money. Why would I wait because of their internal settlement with the client.

Please guide me, how to proceed with this case. I am in urgent need of money now.
Asked 7 years ago in Labour

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

2 Answers

1) issue legal notice to company to pay your outstanding dues

2) if company fails to pay file winding up petition against the company

3) in the alternative file summary suit under Order XXXVII of code of civl procedure to recover your money with interest

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95197 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Have you escalated the grievance to the top management, If not do it immediately by sending a representation in writing and send it by registered post.

If you don't get relief or response within reasonable time you may initiate legal action by first issuing a legal notice.

Then you can file a money recovery suit

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85398 Answers
2235 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer