• Domestic violence

I am Kamala I got married to an nri he is a green card holder and staying in America for the past 20. His wife died in 2013 and he has two daughters. He kept a proposal to me on 2014 with the acceptance of their family members and my family members we got married in February 2014. He cheated me and married. I came to America as DEPENDENT VISA and took me America. From the day I landed in America. He started to show his true colors. His daughters came and started abusing me and he also started abusing me. In January of 2016 this became more worse and for 20 days he locked up me inside a room and I didn't know what to do and those 20 days I have seen the hell of my life and now he sent back to India and telling the neighbors that I am mad and I am psycho what not. And from February onwards I am in India only he didn't even told me to come back. Please help me how can I file a case against him and I married him legally according to the Hindu marriage act and in the visa also he mentioned me as his wife
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

2 Answers

1) file case against him under 498A of IPC for dowry harassment and continuous acts of cruelty

2) mention how husband locked you for 20 days in room and abused you

3) also file DV case seek alternative accommodation , maintenance from husband and compensation for mental torture undergone by you

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95221 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can file a domestic violence case agaisnt him and his daughter too.

You can file a 498a case for the cruelties meted out by him.

You may file a divorce case agaisnt him on the grounds of cruelty.

You may file a maintenance case agaisnt him under section 125 cr.p.c. too.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85422 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer