• Validity of joining letter

Respected Sir,

I got joining letter from Indian Ordnance Factory on 10/05/2011 where I have to join within 15 days but I applied for extension because of my marriage on 15/05/2011. 

After that , they again send me that letter after 2 months to join within 10 days on which a again apply for an extension due my mother illness.

Then after on December 2012 the ordnance factory finally send me candidature cancellation letter.
On receiving the cancellation letter, I requested the factory to join on my post....But they did not reply me for the same.

Sir I want to know weather there is any way by which I can join my post at the factory? Is any rule of maximum time of joining after receiving the joining letter?

Sir please help me out. Is there any way by which I can join the post again??
Asked 2 years ago in Labour from Dehradun, Uttarakhand
1. No. It appears that there is just no way legally left for you demanding extension of your joining period,

2. You can personally visit the said ordnance factory and meet its GM or HR Chief, raying for extensuion of time,

3. It is now entirely upon the GM now to decide to  withdraw the cancellation letter.
1. You have lost your opportunities twice. so you have no legal remedy to join the Job.

2. Only on the Mercy of the General Manager can do something That to the standing rules of the company has to permit the GM to grant permission to you.
A. Maria Stephen
Advocate, Kanyakumari
1) Opportunities do not knock often and if missed one can not retrace one's steps to recapture them. Unfortunately in your case that's what happened.
2) After having lost two opportunities provided by the Ordance Factory , the candidate was cancelled and you received a letter.
3) You can try meeting the Head of the HR Division and see if they can do anything at this stage as it is possible they may have rolled out advertisement calling for fresh candidature. Find if you can be given any preference of you apply again or what could be a procedure to accommodate your case.
4) Once the cancellation has been done no legal remedies lie.
As per the facts stated by you, there seems to be no way out except by making a valid representation to the higher authorities giving explanation for your non-ability to join the duty even after two extensions. But you may not expect anything to come out of it if you do not have valid grounds and a sympathetic hearing is not given to you.

the cancellation of your candidature has been done due to your absence and inability to join the factory. there is no specific time etc to join however the same is governed by the appointment letter and the terms and conditions accepted by you at the time of signing the appointment letter.