• Title deed and record

A land owner in west bengal has registered title deed of his land(nature of this land is "danga") but he does not have his name in the record of that land.Does this situation create any problem in future? Is it possible to sell this property without having record("porcha") ?
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

1. Porcha ir record of rights is only required for paying khajna and it only presumes title.

2. If you have valid title deed then change of name in porcha is not compulsory.

3. However if you have no immediate plans to sell the land then apply for change of name.

Feel free to contact.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) mutation of land should be done in revenue records

2) although seller is absolute owner of land mutation is necessary so that property tax bills can be raised in his name

3) any purchaser would insist that revenue records reflect purchaser name

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Literally Danga means an non agricultural high land .

You can apply for conversion of this 'danga' land to 'bastu' if you would like to construct a house or raise any structure on the land.

But there is no restriction to sell the property.

However you may apply for transferring the revenue records (porcha) to your name before selling the property..

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer