• Reg: fir for lost passport

Hi sir, I lost my expired passport in Jan month.I tried to apply for new one on march 3rd with out disclosing details of my old passport. In counter c my old passport details displayed. I paid fine2500/ with explanation letter stating that I lost my passport and due to innonce and wrong advice by agent I tried to apply for new one on march 09 th.I approached mee seva center and paid challana fee for the fir compliant and approached police station.but they are not responding and not taken compliant. I went there lot of times.my colleague father works in police dept,when I approached him he said that he can give fir from diff police station, but stating that If I lodge compliant that i lost my passport in this week.as I already mentioned that I lost my passport in explanation letter to passport office .is it OK to take fir with latter date. Please help me on this.
Asked 7 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

1. Well, you must lodge complaint with police if passport is indeed lost.

2. If you are unaware from where the passport is lost then you can lodge such complaint in police station of your choice.

3. If there is mismatch in dates then you can always mention in the complaint of Police that since you are not sure when the passport is lost hence you are giving different dates which may be probable date of poss.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22917 Answers
497 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) in FIR mention loss of passport in January only

2) since you have in your explanation mentioned you lost passport in january stick to same explanation

3) if police is not registering FIR complain to commissioner of police against the local police station refusal to lodge FIR

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95168 Answers
7604 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You are concerned with the FIR.

If the police from other station is ready and willing to oblige to register FIR in their station, you can go ahead.

The FIR and non-traceable certificate by police would suffice the requirement to obtain passport or further requirements if any, may be enquired from the passport office.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85369 Answers
2231 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer