• Change of minors surname

Can one change the surname of minor child to attach motbers surname to fathers surname as well. I legally have my fathers and husbands surname post marrigae and want to add the same to my daughters name...hence adding my surname pre wedding and her fathers surname after her name.
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

you can change the surname of child with husband consent

2) to change the surname of minor publication has to be done in official gazette and 2 local newspapers

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95208 Answers
7610 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The parents can change the name and surname of the child during his minority.

2.Soif your husband's consent you can doso.

3.once you do this make an affidavit and then make a paper publication.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can follow the procedures for change of name by making affidavit, publishing in newspaper and gazette publication.

Keeping a name is your right, there is no illegality to change the name as per the procedures envisaged in law.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85409 Answers
2237 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer