• Dharkast Land issue

Our fore grandfather got 8acre 11gunta land in the year 1905, and now it is comes under yellow belt so is we need to take permission from DC or government permission to sale that land or the government till has any rights on that property?
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

What were the conditions of grant ?

2) The grantee shall not alienate the land for a period of 15 years from the date of grant. However, the rules also provide that the grantee may alienate land after a period of five years subject to obtaining permission from the Deputy Commissioner and on such conditions as may be specified by the Deputy Commissioner.

The other conditions which are imposed include:

The land shall be brought under cultivation by the grantee within three years from the date of taking possession

The grantee shall cultivate the land personally.

3) consult a local lawyer before. You sell the land

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95221 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

In such a case it would be risky to sell the land as you do not know the non alienation years

With permission of DC you can sell the land

Consult a local lawyer

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95221 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Though it may be dharkast landed property owing to the time since purchased the property, it may not come under the restricted category.

You may go ahead with the proposed sale of property.

If the permission of DC is required you will be informed about it.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85422 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer