• Renting property for pre school

I have a residential property in defence colony in new delhi.
It consists of basement +ground floor+first floor+second floor.
This is built on a plot area of 275 sqyards.......each floor has a constructed area of 1650 sq ft.
The ground floor and basement are interconnected with internal staircase duly sanctioned by the MCD.
Can I rent out this portion of GF+B/ment to a Day Care Pre school ,,,, if yes what kind of permissions and charges woul I have to pay.
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Other

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

play school is in residential area you would need permission of the cooperative housing society or apartment association as case may be

2) you should approach education officer of muncipal corporation in delhi and obtain permission for running a play school

3) in residential area you cannot use the premises for commercial purposes , hence if you are renting your ground floor take written permission of resident association

The licensee would need license from municipal corporation

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95197 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.A owner can use this proeprty in any manner he chooses provided the user is permissible in law.

A day care pre school is very much a legal business provided the necessary license is obtained for the statutory authorities.

The requisite licenses and fees varies from state to state.

So please the local Municipality to have an idea of fees and compliance of formalities.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
497 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You can rent the same for preschool, it need not be converted into commercial property because its just a preschool.

The tenant may obtain the necessary permission from local civic authority and other authorities.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85398 Answers
2235 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer