• Offensive and Abusive language

One of my younger brother and his wife were passing on abusive and offensive languages and remarks in my absence since many years after we stop them from grabbing family properties. is there a legal act which I can put allegations on them to protect my parents and family's reputation and name?
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

1)you can file police complaint of criminal defamation against brother and his wife for maligning your reputation under section 500 of IPC

2) before filing police case issue legal notice to them to with draw false and defamatory statements made and to tender an unconditional apology

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95221 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1.Your parents can lodge complaint with local police to register FIR against them.

2. If the Police does not act then you can file writ petition in high court.

3. Do not sit idle and inform this to police . Otherwise they would be emboldened and increase their tortures moe and more.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22921 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Though you may not be able to take any action agaisnt them since you do not have any evidence on the subject matter,

you may still try to implicate in a criminal case by first sending them a legal notice demanding explanation, compensation and apologies for their act, if they still reluctantly refuse to comply with the demand made, you may file a defamation case against them.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85422 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer