• Lifecell (Cordell preservation company) issues

I've saved my cord cells with Lifecell. Now, it's an yearly contract where I need to pay some amount every year for preservation. I've noticed that the reminder letter they send me is addressed to some other person but bearing my address. Now, I'm worried that whether they've exchanged the address or changed the cord sample. This is a big concern because if unfortunately I need the sample in the future and it's exchanged, I'd be in a big soup. What should I do? I've already communicated this to company but they just orally say that the sample is not exchanged, without any verification and still they are sending me the letters addressed to someone else.
Asked 7 years ago in Business Law

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

1) ask for written confirmation from life cel that life cord saved belongs to you only

2) refuse to pay any money towards renewal charges unless error is rectified

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95222 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Without any proof of change you can not blame the company just now for this fiasco.

2. So send them a legal notice seeking details of your sample.

3. If you have dispute about their authenticity you can file case in the consumer forum and seek damages and compensation.

4. However do get sanguine before proceeding with legal intervention.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22921 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If you are concerned about this and dont trust the authorities, you may issue a registered notice from your side stating that you suspect that your sample might have been mixed with another person's sample because you are receiving letters addressed to some other person to your address, hence seek their confirmation about it in writing so that any problem arising in future in this regard may be rectified at this stage itself.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85424 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer