• Without any notice and rent due of ten months

My tanant vacated my flat with his furniture household without any notice and balance rent of 10 months wat to do now
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

2 Answers

1) issueclegal norice to recover rent arrears

2) file summary suit to recover rent arrears

3? contact a local lawyer in this regard

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95197 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

What were you doing all these 10 months when he never bothered to pay rent but remained to reside in the premises?

You cannot even lodge a criminal complaint agaisnt him because you had allowed him to reside there for 10 months without bothering to demand the rent or take any action to evict him from the premises on rent.

Hope you will be having the earnest money or the advance amount with you, after deducting the same from the arrears of rent you may issue a legal notice demanding the balance or rental amount.

After that also if he fails to comply with the demand made, you may initiate money recovery suit agaisnt him through a civil court.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85398 Answers
2235 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer