• Residing in a house from 40+ years now they ask to evict

Hi, I am residing in a house that was treated as a trust house because this premises is with a temple and they are received rent against the same "baba bholenath premises" and signed as a manager. House owner has 4 daughters no son, so each daughter take 1 year rent and take care of temple then next year other daughter, likewise. we are continuously giving rent for our house without fail every month. We have no another house to live. I am residing with my widow mom and widow sister. In this house electricity is also on my name from 40+ years. Now all 4 managers are decided to sold this premises and they are not agree to give me any place or any compensation money to survive against this. Can anyone suggest what legal action should I take. Plz suggest me..
Asked 7 years ago in Civil Law

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

1) refuse to vacate

2) let owners file eviction suit against you

3) eviction suit would take at least 5 years to be disposed of

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95220 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. The tenancy does not extinguish even if the tenancy proeprty gets change of hands on slae of it.

2.So if it is sold you become tenant under the new landlord.

3. Only if the present landlord/trust or the new owner/landlord manage to get decree of eviction from court of law you will asked to vacate the premises.

4. Till that time enjoy your sta.

All the best.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22921 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Firstly you file a permanent injunction suit against the persons who are forcing you to vacate the property restraining them from forcibly evicting you from the property other than by due process of law.

After obtaining injunction based on the documentary profs and merits available in your side, you can wait and watch the developments. Since it is a trust property they may not be able to vacate or evict you even by filing an eviction suit if they are not authorised to fight on behalf of the rust or if they are not able to prove themselves as genuine members of the trust and they function in the interest of trust.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85420 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer