• Woman being mentally harrased at worplace

My mother , a working Woman (Lecturer in Marathi subject) at a govt. affilated college in a rural are , Ansing ,Dist. Washim , Maharashtra , is being mentally tortured nearly daily for any reason (mostly without base). She is a qualified employee working from about 14 years in the institute , with the appointment of new principal , she is given notices for many reasons , although she is not responsible for the same. e.g. Denying medical leaves although messages written application (which is denied to be accepted) are given , giving her notice for taking a girl for participating in university game though it a work of physical education teacher present in the institute , forcing her to stay in the night camp(though involving girls parents are denying for the same). We require guidance for what we can do legally and in time so that she will feel secured and mentally healthful at workplace.
Asked 7 years ago in Labour

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

Your mother should complaint against the principal to the authorities as she is being forced to stay in night camp , refusal to grant her medical leave etc

2) if no action taken file RTI application as to what action has been taken on her complaint

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95197 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. If the harassment is purely administrative then she can lodge complaint with higher authorities.

2. If this does not give any result then she can file petition in CAT/HIGH COURT.

3. Unless the harassment is apparent the legal recourse may not give any result.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
497 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

If the said acts of humiliations or tortures are targeted agaisnt your mother alone by the principal of the institute, then she may make a written representation agaisnt the dictates of the principal with the top management of the educational institute.

She should secure the evidences before attempting to accuse the principal and also should secure the evidence of this representation made to the top management.

If there is no response or respite then she may plan to initiate legal action agaisnt the injustice and cruelties meted out to her by the principal and the management of the institute.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85398 Answers
2235 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer