• Is self registration of GPA property valid?

Dear sir/madam,
I have a 30x40 site in bangalore & i purchased this site from person 'C' through gpa in 1989 & person' C'was a allottee of this site from a cooperative society'B'
In 1983,The society 'B' had got this land from a land owner 'A' through a GPA (gpa was registered). I am currently residing in the place since 1993 & have been paying all taxes .But i have not yet registered my property till now & i am planning to register it now. My question is 1) whether i can self register this GPA property on my own ?2)actually my son will be rightfull owner of the property after me hence as aGPA holder can i register it in my sons name directly?
3) which one of the above case will legally secure my property without any issues in future?
4)if i follow case 2, should i show that my son has purchased it from me or i have gifted him? Bcoz people say that, to secure the property i have to show that my son has purchased it by paying stamp duty since all these days the property was in GPA&now we are registering it for first time. So that future buyer of this property will not have any apprehensions.
5)Since My son is a govt employee & if i show that he has purchased it from me does he come under IT scan ?
I am totally confused...since this property is still in GPA i want to secure it in a right way... so i request you to suggest me on how to proceed..actually the cooperative society B is not existing now.
 Thank you
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

2 Answers

if you are holding valid regsitered GPA you can regsiter the property in your son name

2) on basis of GPA you can either sell the property or gift the property

3) your son would have to declare the purchase/ gift of property in his income tax retruns and also inform the authorities

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You have to confirm that if your principal is available or alive now.if he is not living then this poa, itself would be infrutous .

If poa is still alive then you can execute a registered sale deed in your son's name.

You can execute a registered sale deed in favour of your son which would confer proper and marketable title on him.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85416 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer