• Transfer of property name

My grandfather passed away couple of years ago. We would like to transfer the name of the Shop to my fathers name. 
My grandfather has left a will which states that the shop to be inherited by my dad and we have all the relevant paper work. We also have the no obligation letter from the siblings of my dad. 
I would like this to be done ASAP without me having to run around to the government offices as I cannot afford to do that. 
I would like to know what are the costs associated with this to include the Lawyer/Agent fees and any officia/govtl fee that may incur. 
I would also like to know the time frame as am looking to get this done ASAP. 

Many thanks
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Hindu

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

Apply for probate of grand father will in Bombay high court

2) probate is mandatory in Bombay

3) notice would be issued to other legal heirs

4) if no objections are received you would get probate in 6 months .

5) Court fees for probate is maximum 75000 . Legal fees vary depending upon lawyer engage by you

6) then apply for mutation of shop in your father name

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95168 Answers
7604 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. A Will has no value in the eye of law unless you obtain a Probate of it.

2.So apply for grant of Probate from the local court.

3.once that is done you can on that basis apply for mutation of your father's name.

4.DO note at the time of grant of probate your father would require NOC of his brothers/sisters, if any.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22917 Answers
497 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The procedure to transfer the same to your father's name is to submit an application for mutation of revenue records to his name based on the will, legal heirship certificate, death certificate of the deceased and a 'no objection certificate' from all other legal heirs.

You can do it personally by moving the application before the concerned Tahsildar's office.

If you would like to be assisted by an advocate or an agent, you may contact one in the local and enquire the fee or service charges from the person who you would like to engage.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85369 Answers
2231 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer