• Case of multiple identity proofs

Dear Sir,

I am aware of a certain person who has multiple proofs of identities that they are holding at the same time.
This person has a dubious history. The details so far:

1. She has an AADHAR CARD registered in name say "AB" who resides in New Delhi
2. The SAME person has a passport that has the name "ABC" who resides in Bombay.

3. She has opened bank accounts using these 2 documents as ID and resident proofs in different cities.

4, She holds an INVALID voters ID card as her name is spelt wrong.

5. There are no document she has from her family, i.e father.

My Questions are:
Is this illegal?
In whcih case what can be done, can apolice complaint be filed?

Best Regards
Asked 7 years ago in Criminal Law
Religion: Hindu

2 answers received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

4 Answers

1 It appears that she has made identity proofs in multiple names and using the same.

2. It is certainly illegal to impersonate someone who she is not.

3. However you cannot take up the matter on yourself since you have no locus standii.

4. You can send a complaint to the local police in this regard.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) complain to passport office about fruadelent passport made by the lady with false id

2) show cause notice would be issued to her by passport office as to why her passport should not be revoked

3) under the Passports Act imposition of penalty is consequent upon a person knowingly furnishing false information,

4) the passport of l;ady can be revoked by passport authorities under section 10 ( 3) of passport act

5) section 10 (3) The passport authority may impound or cause to be impounded or revoke a

passport or travel document,-

(a) if the passport authority is satisfied that the holder of the passport or travel

document is in wrongful possession thereof;

(b) if the passport or travel document was obtained by the suppression of

material information or on the basis of wrong information provided by the holder of

the passport or travel document or any other person on his behalf;

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95221 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. A person may have two names but representation of those names must not be showcase tow different persons.

2. If this person is representing himself to be of different persons at different times then this is called criminal impersonation which is a criminal offence.

3. So if you are ever being duped by his such acts you may lodge complaint with the local police for registration of FIR.

4. If you are from Kolkata you may feel free to contact me at [deleted] for taking this forward.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22921 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Creating dubious identities are not an isolated case in the country.

There are plenty of people thinking themselves more intelligent than others, have designed such illegal activities.

No doubt these illegal things if found or caught red handed can be punishable as per law, but in what way you can give a complaint against that individual if she has not harmed you by such activities.

You can make a representation to the concerned authorities with evidence about this fraudulent activity and can request them to initiate appropriate action on this.

Police complaint may not be maintainable.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85422 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer