• CrPC 125

Dear Sir, 

My Crpc 125 case started in September 2015 where my wife alleged dowry allegations and that I have thrown her out and though capable , I am not maintaining her . She completely hid the fact that she is an MBA HR and is in a job. When I countered it in my reply , she has now submitted an amendment that she has been terminated from the mentioned job and is living in the mercy of her parents . 

From my sources, she has resigned from her job ( not terminated ) and is in a new job . I may get the details in a fortnight. 

Now , I wish to put up a case of perjury as well as false submission of termination document . At the same time , I want the maintence case to drop . 

To fulfill all three - should I ask her to submit the termination document in my next counter. Should I allow the amendment to get admitted or counter it by saying it was an afterthought . Can I file for perjury and case of false document if I dont allow the admit of document. 

I want to file a case of perjury and fabrication of document ( termination) against her as well as drop the crpc 125 case ( because she had firstly tried to hide the fact that she was working ,secondly she is bluffing the court that she has been terminated, thirdly she is not in mercy of her parents and not in hometown and lastly she has bluffed the court that she is not working now).

Please guide me how should I proceed .
Asked 7 years ago in Family Law
Religion: Hindu

First answer received in 30 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

7 Answers

you can file case of perjury against your wife for making false statement on oath

2) file an application under section 91 crpc calling upon wife to produce her appointment letter , bank statements for last 3 years and her termination letter

3) court would permit amendment of petition though you can oppose the amendment

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95222 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. Your first step should be to get her submitted a fabricated termination letter.

2. If she submits such a fabricated document and you can manage to get her actual resignation letter then it will become decisive case for you.

3. Then get the ammendment admitted.

4. After that file a perjury case against her and also contest her maintenance case fittingly.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. There is no need to ask for any amendment. If you have proof of her employment and income you can simply file the same on which basis the court would surely reject her claim for maintenance.

2. For perjury you have to file petition u/s 340 crpc in the same court.

3. Mere suppression of facts is not enough to attract perjury. You have to show that she has wilfully stated false statements knowing the same to be false to mislead the court to attain wrongly gain at your cost.

4. If you are from kolkata you may feel free to contact for further assistance.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22921 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

The provisions of Chapter XXVI of Code of Criminal

Procedure deal with offences affecting the administration of justice.

Section 195 of said Code speaks about prosecution for contempt of

lawful authority of public servants, for offences against public justice

and for offences relating to documents given in evidence. The

provisions of Section 340 of the Code reads as under :

“Procedure in cases mentioned in Section 195- (1) When,

upon an application made to it in this behalf or otherwise,

any Court is of opinion that it is expedient in the interest

of justice that an inquiry should be made into any offence

referred to in clause (b) of sub-section (1) of Section 195,

which appears to have been committed in or in relation to

a proceeding in that Court or, as the case may be, in

respect of a document produced or given in evidence in a

proceeding in that Court, such Court may, after such

preliminary inquiry, if any, as it thinks necessary,-

(a) record a finding to that effect;

(b) make a complaint thereof in writing;

(c ) send it to a Magistrate of the first class having


(d) take sufficient security for the appearance of the

accused before such Magistrate, or if the alleged offence

is non-bailable and the Court thinks it necessary so to do,

send the accused in custody to such Magistrate; and

(e) bind over any person to appear and give evidence

before such Magistrate.

(2) The power conferred on a Court by sub-Section (1) in

respect of an offence may, in any case whhas neither made a complaint under sub-Section (1) in

respect of that offence nor rejected an application for the

making of such complaint, be exercised by the Court to

which such former Court is subordinate within the

meaning of sub-section (4) of Section 195.

(3) A complaint made under this section shall be signed,-

(a) where the Court making the complaint is a High

Court, by such officer of the Court as the Court may


(b) in any other case, by the presiding officer of the

Court or by such officer of the Court as the Court may

authorise in writing in this behalf.

(4) In this section, “Court” has the same meaning as in

Section 195.”

The above is the provision of law by which you can initiate proceedings.

However you should know one thing that you have hurriedly mentioned about her employment with proofs in the counter.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85424 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

make an application in court calling upon wife to produce copy of termination letter

2) making false statement on oath amounts to perjury

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95222 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1. You need not let her know anything at this stage.

2. Just pray for an order directing her to produce her termination letter before the Court which expectedly she will manufacture.

3. On receipt of the said manufactured termination letter, you can play your Trump Card and submit copies of her resignation letter and evidence of further employment.

4. It will then be a decisive case for you.

Krishna Kishore Ganguly
Advocate, Kolkata
27245 Answers
726 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Your thinking is right.

You must first allow her to do mistake after which you cn highlight her mistake before court and prove her wrong after which you can go for perjury case also against her.

T Kalaiselvan
Advocate, Vellore
85424 Answers
2239 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer