• Building Society formation

Building construction is over. But water and electricity connection is not yet obtained from municipality. We have told builder we will take possession only after water and electricity supply is there. Now builder wants to form housing society. Is it wise to agree to society formation before water and electricity is there, and before we take possession?
Asked 7 years ago in Property Law
Religion: Other

Ask a question and receive multiple answers in one hour.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

1 Answer

Builder can deliver possession only after issue of OC ie building has been completed as per sanctioned plans

2) if flats are sold under provisions of Maharashtra ownership of flats act it is duty of builder to form society

3) builder is required to file OC with the registrar

4)if there is no water connection /electricity connection insist that builder provide the same obtain OC then form society

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95215 Answers
7611 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer