• Road tax refund after re-registration of vehicle

My issue is related to vehicle transfer and road tax refund after vehicle transfer -
I have transferred my car from Bangalore, Karnataka to Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh and got it registered in Ghaziabad, UP. In the due process I have applied for road tax refund from Karnataka state. The refund process requires a letter of intimation of re-registration (CRTI) from RTO-Ghaziabad to RTO-Bangalore. When I inquired about refund status to RTO-Bangalore they said that they have received a intimation letter but that is in Hindi and they do not understand Hindi. This letter is mandatory for audit purpose so they cannot process refund without this letter (in English). So I wrote a application to RTO-Ghaziabad to send CRTI letter in English to RTO-Bangalore. After some days I got the reply that RTO-Ghaziabad that they will not send letter in English as the working language of state government is Hindi. Now my tax refund is stuck due to lack of co-ordination between two states. Please suggest me what step I can take to resolve this situation?
Asked 7 years ago in Civil Law

Answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

1 Answer

1) you can get the letter from RTO from UP translated into english

2) request them to certify the english transaltion

3) then your refund application can be processed

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95223 Answers
7612 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer