• I want to file caase i need lawyer is it possibile

 S/o Sri Gururaj Achar
Laughing Budha Restaurant and Home Stay,
Virupapurgaddi ,  SANAPUR  POST  Gangavathi Taluk, Koppal Dt, KARNATAKA
Respected   Sir,
Reg: Trespassing into and illegal destruction and demolition of my property at Virupapurgaddi
Kindly permit me to place the following few lines for your kind consideration and compassionate action:
I own a piece of land (survey no 43/2/7) on the banks of Thungabhadra river in Virupapurgaddi village, opposite to Hampi.   I reside in the property with my wife in a small cottage.  My parents, sisters and my in-laws visit me frequently and for the purpose of their stay I have constructed two cottages in front of my residence.
I have also constructed four more cottages and during the tourist season starting from October rent them out to tourists, mainly foreign tourists.  I also run a restaurant for the tourists in the property.  My residence, the cottages and the restaurant are not pucca constructions but are built with locally available natural materials like bamboo and thatched roof and conform to the local rural building culture and ethos.
I have been requesting the authorities for trade license to run the restaurant and home stay right from 2006.  I have sent representations to every authority from the Grama Panchayat at Anegundi to the Chief Minister of Karnataka but have not received any response so far.  But in 2011, The Tahsildar, Gangavathi had recognized my home stay facility by asking me to reserve rooms for the delegates of the 78th All India Kannada Sahithya Sammelana at Gangavathi, by his letter dated 24/10/2011. The Assistant Commissioner of Commercial Taxes at Gangavathi has issued me a Composition Tax Registration Certificate on 09/07/2012 effective from 18/02/2011 to run my business as hotelier / restaurateur / caterer etc. (TIN: 29530603594).
I have been conducting my business strictly within the law; no drugs are allowed within the premises and no alcohol is served.  Strictly, no illegal, immoral activities are permitted in my property. My home stay is patronized by budget travelers from Europe and Israel who come for study and meditation.  Even single ladies feel quite safe here as they are looked after well.  Our resort has earned a good name in Europe and Israel through word of mouth and internet.  Our restaurant is also patronized by the local people as well as other Indian tourists for its hygienic and tasty food.

On the 26th February, 2013, I got word that the District Authorities have decided to clear the encroachments and unauthorized constructions on the main road running across Virupapurgaddi.  But suddenly at about 2.30 PM, a group headed by the Tahsildar, Gangavathi  barged in to my property which is a little distance away from the main road, along with a JCB and a police posse, started the demolition of the restaurant and the cottages.  Despite my strong protest and pleading they went ahead and brought down the restaurant, the common kitchen and five of the cottages mercilessly.  Fortunately my wife was not present at that time.  Otherwise it would have broken her heart also as it did mine.  All my six years of toil and sweat were demolished in a few minutes in front of my eyes.  I was not able to contact anyone over phone as the mobile network was jammed; may be, deliberately by the authorities.  The TV and the Press who covered the demolition on the main road had gone back by the time the demolition squad descended on my property.  I suspect that they were sent back by the authorities to avoid detection and reporting of their wanton, illegal destruction of my private property. 
This barbaric, heinous demolition was done illegally and without any  authority of law.  They have deprived me of my livelihood by destroying my property.
 The officials and others who entered my property and demolished the restaurant and the cottages are guilty of trespass under Sec. 441 of the Indian Penal Code which reads as under:
“Whoever enters into or upon property in the possession of another with intent to commit an offence or to intimidate, insult or annoy any person in possession of such property …..is said to commit ‘criminal trespass’”.
The group of officials who entered into my property without any authority and without my permission, did so with an intention to intimidate me and illegally destroy my property
In a recent case before the High Court of Karnataka as reported in the Times of India, Of 20/05/2013, the H C has observed as under:
“No citizen can be deprived of his property except in accordance of law….The rule of law is paramount”
“Any property demolition has to be done purely in accordance with law. ‘
Pulling up the BBMP for demolishing a citizen’s property without any authority, the HC has said that no citizen can be deprived of his property, except in accordance with law.
“The rule of law is paramount”
As submitted by me earlier in this representation, I have not done anything illegal.  As a law abiding citizen, I repeatedly sought permission to earn my livelihood by legal means.  The fact that I am running a home stay facility is recognized by the local Tahsildar’s office and I have taken a licence to run a restaurant.  I have been following all the rules and regulations of the local authorities in running my business.
In spite of this, I do not understand why a group of officials headed by the Tahsildar decided to trespass into my property, demolish my buildings and destroy my livelihood.
May I, therefore, humbly pray that
1.	I may be adequately compensated for the loss of my property and livelihood.
2.	The people responsible for this trespass and illegal destruction of my property may be punished as per law.
Asked 7 years ago in Civil Law

First answer received in 10 minutes.

Lawyers are available now to answer your questions.

3 Answers

1) you ahve to file writ petition in HC ahgainst demolition of your cottages

2) show cause notice ought to have been issued to you

3) you should have been granted personal hearing

4) then only orders passed

5) file writ petition and seek compensation for demolition and for punishment of officals involved in demolition

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95203 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

You are after a good a very good cause which is very much praiseworthy.

If you want me to file the PIL on your behalf you can feel free to contact me.

Contact Kaanoon to get my contact details.

Devajyoti Barman
Advocate, Kolkata
22920 Answers
498 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

1) as mentioned earlier file writ petition in HC

2) number of lawyers from bangalore on this website having good ratiungs

3) contact any of them

Ajay Sethi
Advocate, Mumbai
95203 Answers
7607 Consultations

5.0 on 5.0

Ask a Lawyer

Get legal answers from lawyers in 1 hour. It's quick, easy, and anonymous!
  Ask a lawyer