Addition of surname with father's name in child's birth certif.

I have applied in MCD, South Zone, Green Park, New Delhi for a new birth certificate with name of child in place of old certificate without name of child which I obtained from the said MCD office after birth of child in 2002. Now, for passport purpose, I want to add my surname with my name which was not mentioned in the old birth certificate. All the legal process(publication in newspapers, Gazatte of India, Office order) were complied in 2003 but Sub-Registrar of MCD denied to changes/corrections the same in new birth certificate and agreed to issue new birth certificate with name of child but denied to add the surname with name of father. He suggested me to have to approach for the same changes in the Hospital records and get a correction copy where the child was born. 2. My question is how that hospital make the changes in their old records whereas the changes was processed in 2003 after birth of my child i.e. 2002. I can clearly say as under : My name was Rakesh Kumar in 2002 and all the legal process for change/addition of surname was processed in 2003 and my name was changed accordingly i.e. Rakes Kumar Chhabra. 3. May I have to apply/approach to that hospital where my child was born for necessary correction or MCD office? who is the competent authority to make the changes first? . Rakesh Kumar Chhabra, New Delhi, Mobile No.[deleted]