Failure to service + billing for the service never rendered
Dear All, I wanted to seek advice on how should I take my case to a resolution and/or should I take this matter with the consumer court. Below is the summary of my complaint -
1. I requested to activate international roaming service on my mobile number about 2 months ago for a short week long international trip. I was asked to deposit Rs. 5000 in advance that I did immediately.
2. Before leaving for my international assignment, I called the service provider's customer care twice and both the time the executive confirmed that the service is now activated.
3. During my international travel i realised that the service was not activated by service provider, I inquired with them by writing an email and seeking an explanation for failure to serve, providing fallacious information and a fake confirmation on activation of services.
4. Instead of addressing the concern to my surprise they activated the roaming service a week later than me returning back from my international trip.
5. I escalated the matter again and again the same response, later the nodal officer acknowledge the issue and confirmed that the service will be deactivated.
6. Later I realized that the service provider charged me for international roaming monthly rental (Rs 199) and more surprisingly (Rs 20) against international roaming for the dates when I was in India.
7. I raised this with the nodal officer who acknowledged and gave Rs 170 credit in the bill (God knows how he came to this amount). Also confirmed that the service has been discontinued wef May 06th 2016.
8. Now again in current month's (June) bill I see a charge of Rs 199 for international roaming monthly rental.
9. I finally have sent this complaint to Appellate Authority of the service provider and waiting for their response.
1. I was left without a phone for the whole of my international trip.
2. I was charged for Rs 5000 in advance for service that my cell phone service provider never provided. They never bothered or offered to return the advance.
3 I am now getting bills that include Internationale roaming monthly rental for past 2 months even when the nodal officer confirmed that I shouldn't be charged.
Thanks for your patience and helping me with this matter.