Difference in place of birth

Hello sir, I had an imp query...my passport has different place and state of birth than actually where I was born.I was born in hospital in another state before 1989 and I was issued birth certificate from hospital but without my name printed on it. Also to my knowlegde my parents have not made any municipal corporation registeration of my birth. I have been using passport since last 11 years( renewed once with same place and state of birth as previously).I had never required a birth certificate in my life till the date. But now as I am in need of birth certificate, so is it possible to make it from the place entered in my passport as I have been using this place of birth in my documents always. Also, shall I face any problem/legal action for change in place of birth and getting registered at a different place than actual. Also how can it be possible to cross check by higher authorities? I have no issues with my date of birth or any other credentials Please reply, thanks in advance. Rajesh