Transfer to mhada property

I have purchased 225 sq.ft mhada flat in byculla west mumbai and entered into agreement for sale and paid stamp duty and registration charges to the govt of maharashtra. the society is registered and has given noc tot he owner mentioning that the society is ready to transfer the said flat in my name and have requested to furnish copies of stamp duty and registration papers, which have been given to them. i intend to take loan from financial institution and accordingly a letter was given to the society mentioning therein to give me noc in the format given by idbi bank to mortgage the flat. now the society's legal advisor is refusing to give noc to idbi bank on the letterhead of society for mortgaging the flat and told me to approach mhada. i have paid 50% of the total consideration to the owner of the flat. my questions: - whether the said flat will be transferred in my name or not? - whether society can issue noc on their letterhead to mortgage the flat? - who has the right to transfer the said flat in my name - society or mhada? - what is the solution if society does not give noc of mortgaging the flat with idbi? - whether i can stay in the said flat with the permission of the owner as a tenant without paying him rent, as i have already given him 50% payment in advance and balance 50% is to be paid by availing loan, which has been mentioned in the sale agreement.