Eligibility to get a share in the Father-in-law's property

My first husband expired in 2001 in an road accident. I have a daughter(age 15)born out of the wedlock. After his demise, my in-laws were not ready to take care of me and my child (at that time, my daughter was 1 and half year old). Then I struggled to get a job, took care of my child. No support from them both morally, and financially. After 4 years, My parents arranged for my second marriage. Currently, I live in Bangalore with my second husband, My daughter ( born for my first husband) and My son ( aged 8 yrs, born for my second husband). My first husband is the first son for their parents. They have another son who is alive and married but have no kids till now. My In -laws ( first husband's parents) have a house and a vacant land in Tirupur District, Tamilnadu. My question is, Whether myself or my daughter ( their only grand daughter) is eligible to get a share in their property. Because, they have not supported me or my daughter in any means till today. My daughter is a special child and currently doing her 10th std in NIOS (open schooling Education system). After their son's death, they just throwed away both of us on the roads. Please guide me whether if My daughter atleast have legal rights to claim for a share in her grandfather's property. If she has the rights or if even myself also eligible for the share, what should I do to claim for that. Your guidance will be much valuable and highly appreciated with Thanks. Note: My first husband is a christian and I am a Hindu. I got converted into Christianity and got wedded as per christian rituals.