Builder Threating and not giving Permanent KSEB power /Amentities
This is my first query to this forum and it would be very helpful with responses.
Issue: I brought flat in Petta, Ernakulam(Kochi), Kerala in December 2014 for a total cost of Rs 39,50,000.The building is divided into 1 basement for parking, ground for parking plus 11 floors. The 1st and 2nd floor is for comercial purpose and sold to Reliance communication. I made a cash payment of 34,50,000 and the rest of the 5 lakhs was to be made by taking the loan. Due to a government update that by 1st April 2015, the registration cost would increase, we got the sale deed made and on mutual trust, we told the builder that the rest 5 lakhs will be paid soon once loan is approved by SBI. After signing the deed in March'15,We were told by the builder that we move into the flat however it will take some time for the occupany letter to be received. unfortunetely we got to know later that the building has not got the coastal cleareance(the buidling is near to a Lake) because of which Occupancy and permanent light connection from KSEB would take sometime. We were using commercial light till date and effective 1st September, the builder started to ask us Rs 1000 as Maintaince including elctricity & water charges. Water from borewall & Kerala Water authority is
available. Currently out of 44 flat , 7 are occupied of which 3 are owner occupied. Majority of Flat owners are NRI's and hard to reach with rest of available people not co-operative.
After 13 months, SBI has approved the loan but I am hesistant to make the remaining payment of 5 lakhs to the builder, due to below mentioned points
1) Builder is not giving a clear answer by when I would get permanent electricity connection.
2) Builder is not giving a clear answer by when I would get Occupancy Certificate.
3) There is a catch in the amenities. These were not mentioned in the deed nore in the brochure, however the online website of the builder gives all the amentities details. Can we fight for amentities in such case.
4) For a 11 floor building, is Sewage & waste treatment plant mandatory.Isnt it the job of the authority giving approval to make sure these are available.Is the builder obligated to give these.
5) Reliance Comm who brought the commercial property is doing lot of encroachment in the building belong to apartment owner to which the builder is not saying anything.
6) Water comming from the borewell stinks
The builder always has a I dont care attitiude to any issue we raise in the building.
As an update, the muncipality has gven flats the house number.The builder is threataning to disconnect the light connect to the flat
if I dont pay the 5 lakhs remaining. I am ready to pay the remaining amount which I have told the builder however the basic thing of KSEB power and Occupancy letter should be given to me.
Can i approach the law and stop the builder from disconnecting the electricity.
Do let me know, incase any additional details need to be shared.