Divorced wife can ask for maintenance after mutual consentdivorce

Does divorced wife can claim maintenance under 125crpc after mutual conset divorce? (Family Law)  This query is : I have got divorce by mutual consent 13 B of hindu marriage act. Now my ex wife has filed maintenance under crpc 125. Is it maintenable in court of law? Case is going on in trial court in maharashtra.IT is at the stage of i received summon and have to submmit my SAY at next hearing. Can i have the option of sqashing it through high court? what is d procedure of that? How much time it will take Section 4 of the act125 says that she is not entiteled to maintenance if both are living saperately by mutual consent.(.4 No wife shall be entitled to receive an allowance for the maintenance or the interim maintenance and expenses of proceeding, as the case may be from her husband under this section if she is living in adultery, or if, without any sufficient reason, she refuses to live with her, husband, or if they are living separately by mutual consent.) I am attaching one case law No maintenance to wife living separately by mutual consent: HCSaurabh Malik/TNSA perusal of Section 125(4) of the CrPC reveals that wife residing separately by mutual consent is not entitled to maintenance. — High CourtChandigarh, February 12 The Punjab and Haryana High Court has ruled that a wife residing separately by mutual consent is not entitled to maintenance.Justice Paramjeet Singh has also ruled that a wife is not entitled to maintenance when the couple is residing separately after divorce by mutual consent, and has accepted lump sum amount of maintenance as a full and final settlement.With this, the HC has laid to rest the controversy on the entitlement of a divorced wife for maintenance till she remarries. The ruling came on a petition by a woman for maintenance. The marriage between the petitioner and her husband (now divorced) was solemnised on November 4, 1996. Initially, the husband filed a petition under Section 13 of the Hindu Marriage Act for divorce. But during pendency of the petition, the parties jointly moved for divorce by mutual consent.During proceedings, a compromise was struck and the wife got Rs 1 lakh from the husband towards “full and final claim of maintenance”.Her counsel contended that a divorced wife was entitled to maintenance till she remarried, even if the divorce was with mutual consent and money was received in lump sum in lieu of maintenance as full and final settlement.The husband’s counsel submitted that maintenance was paid by the respondent to the petitioner in final settlement.Referring to Section 125(4) of the CrPC, Justice Paramjeet Singh said a wife was not entitled to maintenance, or even interim maintenance and proceeding expenses, from her husband if she was “living in adultery”, or refused to live with her husband without sufficient reason or if the couple was living separately by mutual consent.“The case of the respondent is on higher pedestal. Firstly, because the petitioner got divorce by mutual consent and thereafter she is residing separately by mutual consent. Secondly, she accepted a lump sum maintenance as final settlement and that stands paid.”Justice Singh concluded: “After divorce by mutual consent and when the parties are residing separately and lump sum maintenance as final settlement has already been accepted, petitioner-wife is not entitled to maintenance.”