Divorce in an NRI case

My divorce case was filed in Thane court in june 2014. My husband has gone to america in the year 2009 and has not retutned even once in the last 6 years so i filed for a divorce. He had gone to the america on a H1B visa which was for 6 months validity. as he never left the country he has becopme an illegal resident of america now and says cannot leave the cournty as he already has a settled job there and if he comes back to india he will not be able to earn as much. he has not attended even one hearing since the tiem the case was filed. the consent terms were arrived upon and the court asked him to submit his proof of residence in america by getting his documents attested by the american embassy. he said his documents were rejected by the american embassy as he is not a legal resident there so cannot submit any document in the indian court. now what is the option of me getting a divorce as he is not willing to come to india and also cannot submit any residence proof of america as he is illegal there.