Service Tax Registration Number for Sole Proprietorship

Dear All, Greetings for the day!! Myself Fasih Uddin Ahmad, currently residing in New Delhi. In 2003, I've got my service tax registration number as 49/IAS/FA/RII/RMP/03 as I worked as an insurance Surveyor & Loss Assessor in Rampur district of U.P. I used to submit my service tax using the same number in bank. Initially, I got my surveyor's license number SLA-72647 from IRDA in 2004. It was renewed in 2009. But for some reasons, I quit this profession and didn't renew my license in 2014, which was ultimately expired and finally lapsed. Now, again I want to start the same profession under Sole Proprietorship Firm. Recently IRDA granted me a fresh individual license number SLA-85127 which needs to be converted in Sole Proprietorship License. For this reason, IRDA is asking for Service tax registration number. This is the context of my queries which follows as under: 1- Whether I've to apply for fresh service tax registration number in the name of Sole Proprietorship Firm or is the service tax number which was allotted to me in 2003 in District Rampur, U.P (49/IAS/FA/RII/RMP/03) okay for the purpose? 2- If, fresh service tax number in the name of Sole Proprietorship Firm is required then what is the procedure to get the same? 3- If my old service tax number (49/IAS/FA/RII/RMP/03) is okay, how can I check the status of this number whither it is active or not? 4- I've got this number (49/IAS/FA/RII/RMP/03) from service tax department at Rampur, U.P. so can I use the same number in Delhi also. Means, one service tax number can be used PAN India basis or different service tax numbers are required for different locations? 5- I've also contacted to central excise office at Rampur, U.P. to check the status of this number 49/IAS/FA/RII/RMP/03, but now they are saying that this is not a service tax number and this seems to be some file number or so. But, surprise to get this revert from them as I used to submit my service tax by using the same number in that period at Rampur. 6- What are other formalities required for Sole Proprietorship Firm. Request you to kindly resolve my above mentioned queries and guide me to an amicable solution so that I can get my surveyor license from IRDA under Sole Proprietorship Firm at the earliest and start my profession. I'll be thankful to you for your support. Warm Regards, Fasih Uddin Ahmad