Notice Period to serve after agreement expires
Rent for a 3bhk flat : 21k
Agreement expiry : 19th Oct 2020
Notice Period to serve: 90 Days
According to Agreement:
1. It is agreed between the owner and the tenant that this agreement for tenancy will be in force for a period of ELEVEN MONTHS ONLY from the date of commencement of this agreement and on expiry of such period the tenancy will be renewed for a further period of eleven months, if the owner agrees to renew the tenancy and if the tenant agrees to pay the increased rent (which will depend on many factors- the relationship with tenants, current prevailing rent in the area, inflation etc. It can range from 0-10 %) for the consecutive eleven months period of tenancy. On expiry of the tenancy, the tenant agrees to vacate and hand over to the owner the tenanted property.
2. It is agreed between the owner and the tenant that this agreement for tenancy will be in force from the date of commencement of this agreement and will expire on 19thOct 2020. On expiry of the tenancy, the tenant agrees to vacate and hand over to the owner the tenanted property.
3 The owner is at liberty to terminate the tenancy after providing “90 days” notice in
writing to the tenant during the period of tenancy.
4 The tenant agrees to provide “90 days” advance written notice to vacate before the lease expires, else the tenant will pay increased rent (refer point # 8) as well as maintenance & electricity charges for the differential period (90 days – (Lease end date- Actual notice given date)) if the new lease is not signed.
1. I lost my job due to pandemic and asking my owner that i need to vacate as my agreement also expiring on 19th Oct 2020 but he asked me to serve 3 months notice till 27th Nov or else i can't leave.
2. He had send me the agreement but we had not singed and send him back so is it consider valid or not?
3. Is there any law that we need to serve the notice period even after the agreement expires?
However, Please advise what is considered correct legally and what I should do next if owner continue to demand for 3 month notice.
Thanks & Regards,