Eligibility for Gratuity
I joined my company on 26th of November 2014 as a Graduate Engineer Trainee and have been on permanent payroll of the company since then. I am currently serving the notice period and my last working day here is 29th of November 2019. I raised a ticket with my company portal regarding my eligibility for the gratuity amount, and they replied that I will not be eligible for this(I have written communication on this, with the ticket I raised).
Few points to note here are:
- My probation period lasted for 11 months after joining.
- Gratuity deduction started after the same from my salary post probation only.
- Since last financial year, Gratuity deduction from my salary has been irregular, as sometimes it hasn't been deducted from there.
- No details have been provided by the company on this irregularity explicitly in mail or hard copy document related to this so far.
My Queries are as follows:
- I need to know if this is fair to do by the company?
- If the Gratuity was shown as a part of my CTC for these past years, Should I be getting the deducted amount from my salary on my exit from the company, even if I am not eligible for gratuity?
- If I should still be getting the gratuity, which my company is denying of, what action should I be taking for this?